WyreStorm EXP-CON-4K-DD UltraHD 4K Downscaler & HD Upscaler w/ Dolby Digital Downmixing
This handy box can also take a 5.1-channel Dolby® Digital audio signal and downmix it to stereo PCM — a useful feature if you want to send a surround sound signal to a second zone amp that doesn't support 5.1.
This WyreStorm module goes in-line between an HDMI source and your TV or monitor. It lets you upconvert a 1080p video signal to 4K resolution so that it looks its best on an Ultra HD display. It also lets you do the opposite, downconverting a 4K signal to 1080p, in case you're using a TV that doesn't support 4K resolution.
- audio/video scaling device that connects in-line between an HDMI source and display
- selectable switch lets you upconvert a 1080p signal to 4K, or downconvert a 4K signal to 1080p
- does not support 1080i/720p video content
- built-in digital-to-analog converter (DAC)
- selectable switch for downmixing a 5.1-channel Dolby Digital audio signal to stereo PCM
- 3.5mm stereo mini analog audio output
- supports audio signals up to 24-bit, with sampling rates up to 192KHz
- does not support high-definition audio formats like DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby TrueHD