Sony VPL-VW1100ES 4K Home Cinema Projector
The projector also features a 2.06x motorized zoom lens, electric lens shift, and the ability to interface with home automation systems. The projector is also able to upscale Full HD 1080p resolution content to near 4K quality and it also supports 3D viewing. 2D to 3D conversion is supported as well. The projector features Motionflow technology, which displays twice as many images and transitions per second than Full HD.
The VPL-VW1100ES 4K Home Cinema Projector from Sony supports 4K images and provides 2000 ANSI lumens of brightness. It's fitted with Sony Iris3 technology and SXRD projection system. It supports a 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio as well. The projector also features a 2.06x motorized zoom lens, electric lens shift, and the ability to interface with home automation systems.
The projector is also able to upscale Full HD 1080p resolution content to near 4K quality and it also supports 3D viewing. 2D to 3D conversion is supported as well. The projector features Motionflow technology, which displays twice as many images and transitions per second than Full HD. You will be able to see every detail with minimal blur. Other features include dual HDMI inputs, Picture Position Memory technology, low 23 dB fan noise, 11 gamma modes, and nine picture modes.
- 4K Native Resolution (Four Times Full HD 1080p Resolution)
- The VPL-VW1100ES provides 4096 x 2160 resolution delivered through three 4K SXRD panels that produce a 4K native picture with no artificial pixel enhancement.
- Dynamic Contrast Delivers Detailed Images
- 4K SXRD panels and Iris3 technology work together to produce a dynamic contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1. Deep blacks plus a flatter pixel surface help to create detailed images.
- Triluminos Display Technology
- The VPL-VW1100ES's optical engine and SXRD panels incorporate Sony's Triluminos Display technology to produce a broader color range, reproducing more tones and textures than many standard projector systems. The result is impressive purity, depth, and realism.
- 2000 Lumens of Brightness
- At 2000 ANSI lumens, the projector incorporates a high performance lamp for an optimum viewing experience at home.
- Reality Creation Upscales Your Movies to 4K
- As well as native 4K material, you can see your current Full HD Blu-ray or DVD movie collection upscaled to 4K. Reality Creation is a Super Resolution technology that enhances Full HD content - even upscaling 3D movies to 4K.
- Compatible with 'Mastered in 4K' Blu-ray Discs
- Drawing on the same technology used to downscale 4K material for Full HD, the VPL-VW1100ES gives you a near native 4K experience with discs 'Mastered in 4K'.
- For fast-moving scenes, our Motionflow technology means you'll see every detail with minimal blur. The VPL-VW1100ES displays twice as many images and transitions per second than Full HD for a crisp, clear, sharp picture - no matter how fast the action.
- Delivers 4K Viewing at 60p
- The projector displays up to 60p (60 progressive frames per second) for 4K. It's significantly higher than the previous 24p, for a smoother viewing experience with greater color and realism.
- Wider Range of Color
- The projector offers a wider than normal color space, allowing it to show a greater range of colors than Adobe RGB or specified by the professional DCI standard (Digital Cinema Initiatives).
- Zoom Lens & Wider Lens Shift
- A 2.06x motorized zoom lens and wide lens shift range (80% vertical and 31% horizontal) gives greater installation flexibility - even when the ceiling is very high.
- Suitable for Home Automation
- The projector is compatible with many home automation systems. It has an RS-232 interface, RJ-45 LAN control, and an IR input terminal.
- Picture Position Memory
- This feature remembers the position of the zoom lens. You can match it to a movie's aspect ratio (including 16:9 and CinemaScope) and store the settings for a future viewing.
- Precise Panel Alignment
- With electronic panel alignment, red and blue elements in every pixel are correctly positioned. For optimum clarity, adjustments can be made by as little as 0.1 pixels.
- Quiet Fan
- The projector's noise reduction technology ensures that projector sound is kept to a minimum of only 23 dB.
- Gamma Adjustments
- For greater detail, as well as color and tonal accuracy, you can make fine gamma adjustments (levels 1 to 6) with Image Director3 Software. Once you download it, plug in your PC via the RS-232C terminal and choose Fine or Course settings thanks to an innovative zooming function.
Projector Display System High Frame Rate SXRD Panel Display Element 0.74" (18.8 mm) x 3 Brightness 2000 lumens Native Resolution Ultra HD 4K (4096 x 2160) Effective Pixels 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) Dynamic Contrast Ratio 1,000,000:1 Lens Approx. 2.06x Electric Zoom
Lens Shift Electric Vertical Lens Shift: ±80%
Electric Horizontal Lens Shift: ± 31%
Light Source UHP (Ultra High-Pressure) 330W lamp Screen Size 60 - 300" (152.4 - 762 cm) 4K Support 4K Reality Creation
Compatible with 4K mastered Blu-ray
4K 60P (YUV420 / 8-bit: YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8-bit)
3D Compatibility Yes (supports 3D viewing)
Built-in 3D IR emitter
Works with TDG-PJ1 IR 3D glasses (included) or TDG-BT500A RF 3D glasses (sold separately)
Picture Performance Adjustment Picture Position Memory technology Wireless Connectivity Optional wireless connectivity (IFU-WH1 wireless HDMI adapter required) Iris Version 3 advanced iris Picture Modes 9 picture modes
11 gamma modes
Alignment Yes (shift / zone panel alignment) Inputs/Outputs HDMI inputs x 2
Digital RGB input x 1
Component (Y Pb / Cb Pr / Cr) input x 1
RS-232C (D-sub 9-pin female) control jack x 1
LAN (RJ-45) Ethernet jack x 1 (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX)
IR mini-jack input x 1
Trigger mini-jack x 2 (DC 12 V max 100 mA)
3D sync (RJ-45, 12 V) x 1
Acoustic Noise 23 dB Ceiling Mountable Yes Power Requirements 100 - 240 VAC (2 - 4.8 A, 50/60 Hz) Power Consumption Max: 480 W
Low Standby Mode (100 - 120 VAC): 0.3 W
Low Standby Mode (220 - 240 VAC): 0.4 W
Standard LAN Networked Standby Mode (100 - 120 VAC): 3.5 W
Standard LAN Networked Standby Mode (220 - 240 VAC): 3.9 W
Standby Mode Standby/Networked Standby modes activated after about 10 minutes Dimensions (WxHxD) 20.5 x 7.9 x 25.2" (520 x 200 x 640 mm) Weight 44.1 lb. (20 kg) Packaging Info Package Weight 57.15 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 29.0 x 26.5 x 13.0"