Kenwood Excelon DPX794BH
Music control for your drive
Kenwood redesigned several of their new 4" tall car stereos to include larger, easier-to-use buttons, as well as Amazon Alexa voice controls and compatibility with their free Remote app — letting you control your music the way you want. The Kenwood Excelon DPX794BH CD receiver also includes a big 3-line display to show you all your music information, while its versatile Bluetooth® options also get your smartphone involved in the action wirelessly.
As far as music, Kenwood loaded this receiver up with controls for Pandora® and Spotify®, a built-in HD Radio® tuner, and an option to add satellite radio for the longest road trips. You'll find front and rear USB ports to charge and play music from your iPhone® or plug in a USB drive filled with high-res music. Kenwood backs up this receiver with a 2-year warranty.
Alexa voice control
After you load the Alexa app onto your phone and pair your phone to this Kenwood receiver, simply press the dedicated "Alexa" button on the faceplate, and you can access music, audiobooks, news, weather, traffic, and smart home controls using your voice.
Bluetooth is the norm for wireless phone functionality these days. The DPX794BH lets you pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. You can also stream music, audiobooks, and podcasts from the phone that's active. Kenwood also added a little fun to audio streaming with their Music Mix feature — pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip playlist. Bluetooth also lets you control this stereo directly from your iPhone® or Android™ phone by downloading Kenwood's free Remote app.
You can play and charge your iPhone or check out a thumb drive filled with high-res FLAC and WAV files through this receiver's front and rear USB ports. Android™ users, you can control and play music using Bluetooth. Kenwood rounds out the connectivity with a front aux input for a portable music player. The DPX794BH gives you all kinds of radio options, with controls for Spotify and Pandora, along with an option for SiriusXM (satellite radio tuner and subscription also required).
This Kenwood also lets you enjoy HD Radio from participating stations, so you'll hear FM that's close to CD quality or AM that comes in clear and static-free. And most participating stations send out secondary programming, giving you more choices when you're in the mood for radio. And no worries if you're not in an area with HD Radio stations — this Kenwood's sensitive radio tuner will pick up local analog stations, too.
Set the tone
Once you've got your music selected, you can use this Kenwood's 13-band equalizer and digital time alignment to zero in on that sweet sound you want. You can even use their handy Remote app to easily set your vehicle type, crossover settings, and preset EQ choice — all to get the best sound possible. Kenwood included three sets of hot 5-volt preamp outputs for ultra-clean sound to go to additional amps or a powered subwoofer.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- high-contrast 3-line display with variable-color illumination
- Amazon Alexa voice control
- plays USB drives loaded with high-res FLAC music files (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- built-in Bluetooth (version 4.2) for hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- Music Mix feature allows music streaming and control from up to five paired smartphones
- control the stereo using Kenwood's free Remote app
- Android control through Bluetooth
- iPod, iPhone, and iPad control through USB
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- independent crossovers for front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included)
- inputs: front and rear USB ports, front-panel auxiliary input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- MFR # DPX794BH
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- 2 Trim rings (one attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Gude
- Warranty Card
- Software License Agreement
|Product Manuals||Download Instruction Manual|