"JL Audio M6-8IB-C-GwGw-i-4 M6 Series 8"" marine subwoofer with LED light — optimized for free air use (Gloss White Classic Grille)"
"JL Audio M6-8IB-S-GwGw-i-4 M6 Series 8"" marine subwoofer with LED light — optimized for free air use (Gloss White Sport Grille) "
"M6 8-inch Marine Subwoofer Driver with Transflective™ LED Lighting for Infinite-Baffle Use (200 W, 4 Ω) - Gloss White Trim Ring, Gloss White Classic Grille With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies.
"M6 8-inch Marine Subwoofer Driver with Transflective™ LED Lighting for Infinite-Baffle Use (200 W, 4 Ω) - Gloss White Trim Ring, Gloss White Classic Grille With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening levels. Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the M6 infinite-baffle woofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure. Long excursion capability and rugged suspension systems help produce deep, powerful bass response that will transform your boat's audio system. This model also features the added visual impact of JL Audio’s Transflective™ RGB LED lighting, a patent-pending technology that emits a smooth lighting effect through the woofer cone, with a choice of several lighting colors. Add an optional RGB controller to create thousands of color variations. Professional installation is strongly recommended."
"The M6-8IB is best used with amplifier power in the 50W - 200W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 1.5 cu. ft. / 42.5 l). If you prefer to use a dedicated enclosure, refer to one of the suggested designs located in the Specifications section for optimum performance. Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment."
- Marine Tested: JL Audio's marine speakers are tested in ultraviolet chambers to simulate years of sun exposure, and salt fog chambers to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments.
- LED Illumination: There are multi colored LEDs mounted behind the cone in the speaker frame, to create a glow on the cone. Depending on what combination of LED wires is connected, they can light red, green, blue, yellow, pink, aqua, or white. A 12 volt power supply is needed to turn the LEDs on. JL Audio recommends a 750 mA fuse on the LED power lead of each speaker. The LEDs can also be controlled using JL Audio's MLC-RC controller (item number 13699816, sold separately).
- Materials: The woofer cone is mica-filled injection-molded polypropylene (IMPP) with UV inhibitors. The surrounds are synthetic rubber and the woofer uses a marine-grade synthetic fiber spider with a progressive roll design. The basket and grille are UV-resistant polymer; they encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Infinite-Baffle Operation: The M6-8IB is optimized for infinite baffle operation so that it can be installed in a variety of locations, without the need for a dedicated enclosure. If an enclosure is used, 1.5 ft³ is the minimum recommended volume.
- Enclosure: If mounting in an enclosure, JL Audio recommends a 2 ft³ sealed (1.5 ft³ minimum) or 1.5 ft³ ported enclosure.