Alpine Halo9 iLX-F409
A beautiful 9" display that works in most vehicles
Alpine's iLX-F409 Halo9 digital media receiver takes all the things you love about their Halo9 iLX-F259 stereo and adds a couple of upgrades to make it even more car-friendly (namely an HDMI input and iDatalink compatibility). It still boasts an impressive 9" touch display that can fit in most single-DIN (2" tall) dash openings — and it's adjustable so you can still get to your climate controls. It also features smartphone integration so you can roll with your favorite apps, plus compatibility wth the iDatalink Maestro module so you can keep your beloved factory features.
Designed to complement your dash
The iLX-F409 comes in two main pieces: a 2" tall chassis and a 9" touchscreen. The chassis fits in most single-DIN dash openings, and since there's no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn't be an issue for most vehicles. Once you've mounted the chassis in your dash opening, you can choose from five available vertical mounting positions for the screen, giving you the flexibility to enjoy the radio without blocking essential dash climate controls. Your vents might be partially blocked, but Alpine designed the radio to function under typical in-vehicle temperatures.
Adjust for the best viewing angle
Once you've determined the best vertical position for the display, you also have the option of changing the screen viewing angle up to 45 degrees forward or 20 degrees backward. This allows you to accommodate for angled dashes or just to get a better look at your iLX-F409's display, depending on its position in your dash. After you've chosen the best positions, four screws hold the display safely in place as you interact with it.
Take your entertainment on the road
There's no disc player in the iLX-F409, but it does include several ways to enjoy your media. You can use the rear USB pigtail to attach your smartphone or a thumb drive with your favorite music or video files. The rear HDMI connection allows you to hook up to an optional CD/DVD or Blu-Ray player. Rear-view camera owners will appreciate the included camera input and distance guidance display. And if you'd like to add Alpine's optional HCE-C2100RD multi-view camera, you'll need this 2-camera switcher (not included) as well.
Works with both Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®
The iLX-F409's compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, so you and your passengers can enjoy messaging, mapping, tune selection, and much more from your smartphone without touching any screens. Both platforms work with voice commands, which you can activate by speaking a keyword or pressing the dedicated "Voice" button on the stereo's bezel. You can get stuff done without being distracted by your phone. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Alpine's been on the Bluetooth train for a long time, and the iLX-F409's no different. Use it to make or receive hands-free phone calls via your smartphone with the included microphone, or stream music from your phone with ease. You can also use the included microphone to activate voice commands for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Make your home screen more relatable
Along the bottom of the iLX-F409's bezel you'll find some helpful buttons, including a dedicated microphone button to activate voice controls for CarPlay and Android Auto. You can also customize your home screen with up to 3 pages of functions that you want to access — choose among 22 different offerings, including a clock and your various audio sources. You can even upload a photo from a thumb drive to serve as your wallpaper on the bountiful 9" display.
Satellite radio compatibility and more
The iLX-F409 comes ready to play with a plethora of entertainment options, including an AM/FM tuner and USB input. An HDMI output lets you send video content to your car's rear-seat entertainment system. You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and your paid subscription.
Big-time audio, too
The iLX-F409's not only a pretty face, it also boasts plenty of ways to keep your ears happy. You can use its many fingertip-friendly controls to set the 5-band graphic EQ, time correction, and much more. And it works with lossless FLAC files to give you the full-resolution digital media experience you crave.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
This Alpine offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle data on the Alpine's screen. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to your Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles – it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 9" capacitive touchscreen with adjustable vertical mounting positions and viewing angles
- fits single-DIN dash openings
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
Smartphone Features :
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- Android Auto compatible
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music files
- plays AVI and MPEG4 video files
- plays lossless FLAC audio files up to 96kHz/24-bit
- 5-band graphic equalizer with time correction
- high- and low-pass filters
- MediaXpander HD
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- compatible with optional 2-camera switcher
- inputs: rear USB port; HDMI input; rear-view camera harness
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings, video display, and other features on this receiver (the parking brake must be connected and set, released, and set again)
- built-in internal amp (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/45 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ILX-F409
What's in the box:
- 9" Touchscreen monitor
- Source unit
- Wiring harness (15A fuse)
- Preout/Aux harness
- iDatalink harness
- 5' USB extens cable
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5' cable terminated by a right-angle stereo-3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- Two-sided tape
- HDMI connector clamp
- 2 Rear covers
- 4 Pan-head ISO-screws (M5x8mm)
- 4 Counter-sunk ISO-screws (M5x8mm)
- 2 Counter-sunk adjustment-screws
- 7 Couter-sunk adjustment-screws (M4x6mm)
- Quick Reference Guide
- Installation Manual
- "WARNING" note
- Online Registration Information
- Online Detailed Manual Card
|General Features||iOS Compatibility|
|Head Unit Size||1-DIN|